Saturday 16 February 2013

30 Day Shred - Level 3 here I come!

So today I am ready to start level 3 of  Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. In fact I am more than ready, 10 days of one workout is beginning to get tedious!

So far I seem to have mastered most of the moves in level 2. I still have issues with the walk out push ups. Every time I go for a full military push up, I'm scared I'm going to face plant right into my wooden floor! I felt the same with the modified knee push ups in level 1. Since it's been a couple of weeks since I tried the modified push ups (and because I NEEDED something to make me feel like I'm getting stronger, self gratification I know, I know) I decided to give myself a little test. So I dropped to my knees and TOTALLY ROCKED them! Perfect form, straight line from head to tail (not that I have a tail, but you get the idea!) getting right down to the floor and back with relative ease. I feel so much stronger. I knocked out around 20 before my dog decided to lick my nose. That got me back up pretty quick. It just goes to show if you just keep pushing you WILL get stronger and your body WILL change.

Another move I have issues with is the plank. My hands seem to slide forward so it's more like a downward dog. I find I have to keep shuffling my hands back so that my head is in front of my shoulders. This makes it difficult to concentrate on whatever crazy move Jillian has us doing while we are in plank pose!

Well along side level 3 I am going to work on my military push ups and my plank in preparation for my next programme. Yes, on Monday 4th March I will be starting Jillian Michaels 90 day Body Revolution. More to come on that including before weights and measurements.

Until then Keep Pushing, we got this xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment