Saturday 6 April 2013

Body Revolution Blues

I am really ready for Monday and my return to Body Revolution & the re-do of C25K. I miss my workouts and if anything, all this rest makes me feel MORE tired! Crazy I know.

I think I have come up with a suitable workout time,  I am going to do it as soon as Mr F & I get up in the morning. The alarm is set for 5.50 am and I usually just sit with a cup of tea until about 6.30 to wake myself up. Well I can't think of anything to wake me up quicker than Jillian Michaels yelling at me to KEEP MOVING & PUSH MYSELF lol. Then I am done & dusted and I can get on with the rest of my busy day, safe in the knowledge that no matter what, I have already worked out.

I am VERY excited to start my running again. I just love it. It is 100% me time where I can crank up the music and let my mind wander (often to a hot beach in the Caribbean) At the moment I will be sticking indoors on my treadmill so I don't need to worry about child care but I am planning to get outside after I finish C25K and run early mornings before Mr F leaves for work. That way the kids will be off for the summer holidays (7 weeks aaaargh!) so I can fit whichever workout programme I am doing into my day while they are occupied for 30 minutes or so.

I love the fact that I have a long term plan. It helps to motivate me and keep me on track. I am the ultimate list maker & planner so this suits me down to the ground! I love spreadsheets and timetables and often have several note books on the go with one thing or another written down.

Food

Well yesterday I think my body had finally had enough of all the junk I've been feeding it over the last few weeks and I just felt bleugh. I wasn't hungry and had stomach pains all day. So I ate very little and feel much better today.

It was a shame though as I prepared this lovely meal

 
It was chicken & Chorizo fajitas with peppers, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes. Served with tortilla wraps, lettuce, Mexican cheese, lettuce & spicy couscous. Very nice but I could only eat a little.

I have some lovely, healthy meals planned for next week including:

Broccoli & Roquefort cheese soup

Lemon & garlic chicken salad with pecorino cheese & garlic croutons

Creamy chicken bake - Recipe Here

BBQ chicken with roasted vegetables and couscous

I am also in the process of making the frozen banana chocolate pops similar to the ones Jillian does in the Body Revolution Fat Burning Meal plan. The bananas are frozen, and the kids are going to melt some Easter eggs to cover them then roll them in chopped nuts. These will end up as snacks for them, but I might just have to try one - you know just in case they're poisonous or something ;)

Oscar finally seems to be on the mend after almost 3 weeks of illness, bless his little heart, so we may take the boys out for lunch somewhere. They have been very good and patient with their little brother while he has been poorly. I heard Jake telling Oscar that he had special sausages where as he and Bailey only had normal sausages so that Oscar would eat something! Cute coming from a 5 year old!

Only one more day then I'm back on it baby! Can't wait. Keep Pushing everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment