Friday 12 April 2013

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Day 33 - Super sets & Speeding Tickets

Day 33 - Workout 6

Second time round for workout 6 today. My arms are aching right now. I realised that last time I did this workout, I was doing one of the moves wrong. There is a bent over row that I hadn't realised my palms were supposed to face FORWARD. I had been doing them with my palms backwards which works a whole different muscle group - DOH! The Super Abs Set in this one really works them - hard. The windshield wipers are just downright painful but I love knowing I will feel it tomorrow. I find the cross over lunge with bicep curl confusing. It takes a couple of reps to get the hang of them. I think I will use my 10 lbs on these next time, 5 lbs seemed too light. I ROCKED the ROCK STAR jumps today. I wish I could have seen myself lol! I really concentrated on pulling my heels up and back. They are tough to do for one minute though!

Today's workout burnt 306 calories which is pretty good.

Tomorrow is Cardio 2 & hopefully some Couch to 5 K in there too.




So today I've talked about the fitness but the family & fun aren't quite feeling it today. By 8 am I had already hung up the phone on Mr F and fallen out with my 7 year old! Not bad going huh?

The former is to do with an incredibly stupid speeding ticket that Mr F acquired. Now, it's not my problem if he gets a ticket - he was alone in the car and if he wants to be stupid so be it. The stupid came when he rang me at 7.30 am to tell me about it! Way to ruin my day thanks! I now have a whole week to wait and see if a £60 fine drops on the mat. That's a whole week of me being pissed at him for saying "it's just one of those things that happens" NOT if you stick to the speed limit it's not! (He was actually doing around 35 mph in a 30 mph zone that is not residential) BUT that's not the point. I rarely hang up on him (anymore - I've matured, really) and now I get to spend the day feeling bad that he is at work feeling bad.

The argument with my 7 year old was just our usual clash of tempers - me trying not to lose mine and him having a raging one! I am dreading his teenage years.

I will not let that defeat me though. I am determined to use my frustrations to fuel my work outs. It is Friday and and that can only mean good things. Movie night for my boys (sofa dinner & a treat) The start of the weekend so no alarm in the morning (well - 3 little boy alarms usually do the trick anyway) and some fun activities.

Food

Breakfast - 2 Slices toast with cheese spread & Tea 

Lunch - Thick vegetable soup, cracker breads, yoghurt & and a Kellogg's All Bran Biscuit Bar

Dinner - The other day I did the boys oven roasted carrot sticks with their dinner. OMG they were sooo good. Just a little spray oil then shake on garlic powder and black pepper and roast. So tonight I am going to have them with cook in the bag BBQ chicken breast with peppers & onions.

How about you? Do you have plans to work out this weekend? Whatever you do, have a good one x

2 comments:

  1. Jillian Michaels scares the bejesus out of me. Before I started my weight loss journey, I used to enjoy watching her on The Biggest Loser US - with a cup of coffee and lots of biscuits!
    (popped over from #wobbleswednesday at Naked Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Donna,

    Yes, she certainly is scary but I've grown to love her and her results! Mr F and I used to do the same, sit watching them all lose weight whilst eating takeaways saying we'll start "tomorrow" Now I am proud to be one of her success stories.

    Take care Vicki x

    ReplyDelete