Thursday 30 May 2013

Smaller Size NSV

It's Thursday & that means linking up with KTJ for
 
 
button
 
If you are on a weight loss journey like me, you may be familiar with the in-between size syndrome I suffer from. That annoying feeling when one size is clearly too large but the next size down clearly should not be worn in public!
 
For what feels like forever, I have been wearing a UK 16 (US 14 - I think) In all honestly I probably should have been in an 18 when I was 23lbs heavier, but I was stubbornly squeezing myself into the 16's - not a good look. Lately though the 16's have been hanging off, but after trying on some 14's at Christmas I knew there was no way I'm ready to move down to that size officially.
 
This weekend we stopped by New Look & they were having a fantastic sale. They had 2 pairs of really great shorts, super cheap. Problem was they were both a size 14 and I was pushed for time so I bought them.
 
Got home and rushed upstairs then did the little eyes squinted shut, breath held move I usually use when trying on something I'm pretty sure won't fit. And would you believe they slid right up and buttoned nicely.
 
The grin on my face must have said it all as Mr F said "what's so funny?"
 
So I suppose I am now officially a size 14.
 
I know that was a really long winded NSV but I'm sure some of you can relate to that feeling of dread when trying on something new. No matter how hard we workout, how well we stick to the plan, sometimes we don't truly believe changes are happening. That is why I love this link up, my clothes are telling a whole different story than the scale and that is what matters.
 
It is important to find every other way you are changing your life for the better and use that scale number as a last resort. It is just one piece in a huge puzzle and is not the be all and end all of your journey.

I got another run in this morning (at 11 am instead of 5.30 am - I had stomach pains keeping me up in the night & I was NOT getting up to run after that!) I did just over 3K again. I did a few walk/sprint splits for variety and my legs are feeling it now!

Today's food is pretty similar to yesterday's - once I find something I like and it works, I just tend to keep having it.

 Breakfast - Ham, boiled eggs (mashed up with extra light mayo) & cucumber


Lunch - Chicken, roasted veg & fruit

And a picture of last night's chilli & white cabbage with roasted leeks and peppers

(excuse crappy lighting pic)

And....... a picture of Ruby looking really guilty about something


I will probably discover what she did later x o x o

4 comments:

  1. I can TOTALLY relate to this and I think anyone that is on a weight loss journey can!! Isnt that the most wonderful feeling though when you put them on and it is almost like disbelief that you are really wearing smaller pants and they actually fit!! Keep up all the good work lady and thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that part of the journey. Nothing worse then being caught between two sizes. Congratulations though on your NSV thats a big NSV if you ask me so take pride in it and shout it from rooftop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!!! Congrats on a smaller size!

    ReplyDelete